Ennedi, Chad: While currently compiling the business plan and draft agreement with the Ministry, we are continuing to work steadily towards concluding the agreement as soon as possible and unlocking the requisite funds. These steps will lead to this unique landscape being moved from pilot phase into a fully-mandated project within the African Parks portfolio.
Shaba and Buffalo Springs, Kenya: The uncertainty arising from the forthcoming elections, which will take place on the 8th of August, have hindered us from concluding the mandate for Shaba and Buffalo Springs. Consequently, we have decided to put the pursuit of this project on hold until after the elections when conditions in Isiolo County hopefully become less politicised.
Bazaruto Archipelago Marine National Park, Mozambique: Our attempts to receive a response from the Ministry of Land, Environment and Rural Development on the submission of the draft agreement to the Council of Ministers have elicited no progress. We are pursuing all avenues to engage the Minister to understand the delay and determine a clear way forward with the process.
Matusadona National Park, Zimbabwe: Good headway has been made through ongoing discussions with the Zimbabwe Parks and Wildlife Authority, and the final issue of chairmanship of the Board has been resolved. We have now entered the process of negotiating a management agreement for Matusadona, which, situated on the shores of Lake Kariba, represents 1,400 km2 of critical habitat for a diversity of fauna and flora.